By David Wills
A lovely photographic compilation showcasing Audrey Hepburn’s iconic profession within the 1950s—the decade that solidified her position as one of many world’s maximum stars in movie and fashion.
Devoted to her so much influential decade, Audrey: The 50s brings jointly in a single quantity the attract and magnificence that made Audrey Hepburn the main iconic determine in smooth style heritage. Photographed in the course of the early days of her occupation, either at the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, and different vintage movies, and in style photograph shoots through most sensible photographers who cherished and immortalized her, those appealing black-and-white and colour photos radiate with Audrey’s waifish attraction, airy attractiveness, and easy style.
Renowned writer, curator and photographic preservationist David Wills has rigorously chosen this number of 2 hundred museum-quality images that catch Audrey in her leading as by no means earlier than. Audrey: The 50s screens this celebrity at her brightest, and brings her legacy into ideal focus.
Among the highlights:
- Rare and vintage photos digitally restored from classic photographic prints, unique studio negatives and transparencies.
- Never-before-seen exposure photographs, scene stills and paintings pictures from the units of Roman vacation, Sabrina, humorous Face, Love within the Afternoon, and The Nun’s Story.
- Previously unpublished "posed candids" of Audrey at home.
- Beautifully restored ads, fan journal layouts, overseas movie posters and foyer cards.
- Quotes from photographers, administrators, and costars, together with William Holden, Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Billy Wilder, King Vidor, William Wyler, Edith Head, Hubert de Givenchy, Richard Avedon, Cecil Beaton, and Audrey herself.
Read Online or Download Audrey: The 50s PDF
Similar biographies of actors & actresses books
A humorous and intimate examine fatherhood from the actor and writer/director of The Boss and Tammy that mixes tales approximately his personal larger-than-life dad and the way his studies elevating daughters together with his spouse, Melissa McCarthy, who additionally penned the Foreword, are formed by way of his personal formative years. although he’s top recognized for his appearances within the motion picture adequate acknowledged, in addition to his hilarious position as Air Marshall Jon in Bridesmaids, Ben Falcone isn’t an enormous shot superstar director at domestic.
Detect the attention-grabbing real tales in the back of the world's most famed artistic endeavors, literature, tune and picture, entire with historic images. What real-life hero encouraged the literary adventures of the count number of Monte Cristo and the 3 Musketeers? what number girls paid a steep expense for being Picasso's muse?
"Humor is in basic terms tragedy status on its head with its pants torn. " -- Irvin S. CobbBorn and raised in Paducah, Kentucky, slapstick comedian Irvin S. Cobb (1876--1944) rose from humble beginnings to develop into one of many early 20th century's so much celebrated writers. As a employees reporter for the long island international and Saturday night publish, he grew to become one of many highest-paid reporters within the usa.
During this hugely acclaimed booklet of conversations with Nasreen Munni Kabir, Waheeda Rehman speaks approximately her lifestyles and paintings with clean honesty, humour and perception: from detailing her own triumphs and tribulations to giving captivating bills of operating with cinematic personalities like Guru Dutt, Satyajit Ray, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand.
- Warren William: Magnificent Scoundrel of Pre-Code Hollywood
- Susan Sarandon: Actress-Activist: Actress - Activist
- Natalie Wood (Film Stars)
- No Strings - In Search of Dickie Jones
Extra info for Audrey: The 50s
Audrey: The 50s by David Wills